In Elden Ring, Ashes of War are items that allow you to customize your weapon abilities. When it comes to ashes of war, Elden Ring will ask you to use the ashes of your shield instead of the ashes of your melee weapon. Luckily, there is a way around this (besides not using a shield). It involves you getting a kind of ashes of war called “Unskilled”. So this guide will show you how to get Unskilled Ashes of War in Elden Ring, plus players can buy Cheap Elden Ring Runes in the process of getting Ashes of War.
What is Unskilled Ashes of War
Ashes of War are items that allow you to change weapon abilities. For example, the ability to parry is generally instilled into the shield, but “no skill” can be injected into the shield to replace it. Because it negates the abilities of the weapon it’s used on, incompetence is one of the most valuable ashes of war. If your shield is equipped with no skills, you will use your primary weapon’s ability instead of your shield’s usual parry. This is an especially powerful Ash of War, as it allows players to keep their shield gear equipped while still using their custom weapon abilities.
What Unskilled Ashes of War Do: Ability to Eliminate Weapons
Ashes of War: No Skill is one of the most useful Ashes of War, as it negates the abilities of the equipped weapon. This makes when the player presses the left trigger (or L2) with a shield equipped, you will use the primary weapon’s ability instead of the shield’s normal parry as long as that shield has Unskilled Ashes of War. Ashes of War allows players to keep their shields equipped without sacrificing the ability to use custom weapons. If you have two weapons equipped in either hand, an Unskilled Ashes of War on your left-hand weapon will default your Ashes of War ability to your right-hand weapon (and vice versa).
How to get Unskilled Ashes of War
- There are some merchants who sell Ashes of War and have skill abilities in their inventory, but the easiest vendor to find inventory is the knight Bernahl at the Warmaster’s Hut in Limgrave.
- Go to the ruins of the Lost Grace Gate in front of Stormveil Castle, then follow the path northwest.
- After passing a few small groups of Soldier NPCs, you should come to the forest area shortly after.
- Once you reach this forested area, start looking for the guidance of grace in the air.
- If you can’t see the light, look for a cottage surrounded by bright red flowers that you can see from a distance. This is the Warmaster’s hut, and inside is the Knight Bernal.
- Ashes of War: No skill requires 600 runes to purchase, and if you want to customize the Ashes of War for your primary weapon, there are plenty of other options here.
- Once you’ve purchased Ashes of War, you can apply it to any weapon or shield at the Ruins of Grace as long as you find a Whetstone Knife.
- If you haven’t found it yet, you can talk to the Blacksmith at the Roundtable and utilize his services to replace the Ashes of War on your gear.
- You can also use Lost Ashes of War to duplicate no skills and apply them to multiple weapons or shields.
That’s all for a specific guide on where to get Unskilled Ashes of War in Elden Ring, and if you want to learn more about Elden Ring’s game strategy, check out 600pu.com.